cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

February contest: Post your Paper workflow to win a Dropbox t-shirt and tote bag!

Is it possible to hardcode the login credentials For Dropbox API when login the 1st time?

Level 4

Hello,

I have Dropbox api integrated in my iOS app. I want to know if it is possible to hardcode dropbox login details (uersname/password) when users 1st time launches the app.

This is require because we have an enterprise iOS app and we want to use just one dropbox account for all out clinets. so that wen they intall the app they should directly get access to that single dropbox account.

If not let me know if there is any other alternative.

Many Thanks,

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Is it possible to hardcode the login credentials For Dropbox API when login the 1st time?

Dropboxer

The API was designed with the intention that each user would link their own Dropbox account, in order to interact with their own files. It is technically possible to connect to just one account. The SDKs don't offer explicit support for it and we don't recommend doing so, for various technical and security reasons.

However if you did go this route, instead of kicking off the authorization flow, you would embed an existing access token for your account and app (not your username and password). Again though, this is not reccomended. 

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.