cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to re-enable webhook via API?

Is it possible to re-enable webhook via API?

durnote
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

At the moment, if your app reports more than 35 errors in the past 10 minutes and exceeds a 4.5% failure rate, your webhook will be disabled. As per this page:
https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/webhooks#documentation

When this happens, is there any way for me to re-enable it again (via API or some other programmatic way) instead of going to dropbox web UI ?  Does someone know if there is API functionality for enabling / disabling webhooks?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, unfortunately there isn't a programmatic way to re-enable webhooks, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, unfortunately there isn't a programmatic way to re-enable webhooks, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

durnote
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for your respond.  

Is there anything else I could do to protect my webhook from being disabled? Is there some way of configuring dropbox app conole so it

could check my webhook endpoint again (to see if recovered).   

As I could see, at the moment, if app is down for just a few minutes, webhook gets permananetly disabled and needs human manual button click to recover. This is a huge problem when you run it in production.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, there isn't a way to configure it like that. We'll consider that a feature request as well. Thanks for the feedback!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    durnote New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?