cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way of getting user's profile picture?

Is there any way of getting user's profile picture?

Andrew C.67
New member | Level 1

As far as I know there is no API for that in both v1 and upcoming v2 of Dropbox Core API. Is there any workaround? E.g. can I manually make an URL for getting a user's photo (given I have an access token)?

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately, no, it's not currently possible to get the profile picture via the API, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a request.

Steve K.45
New member | Level 1

We need this too.  Would like to push profile pictures from AD to Dropbox via Okta automatically.  Making it available in the API is the first step.

Kyle N.1
New member | Level 1

I need this too. We'd very much like to make a beautiful experience for the users of the planned Ubuntu Scope for Dropbox, and showing the user their current profile photo (in addition to have an HTTP API to modify it) would be really nice.

luiz fernando s
New member | Level 1

curl -X POST https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/users/get_current_account
--header 'Authorization: Bearer <TOKEN>'
--header 'Content-Type: application/json'
--data 'null'

[....]
  "account_id": "ID-OF-USER",
[....]

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/account_photo/get/ID-OF-USER?vers=1469058358325&size=64x64

vers is the current timestamp, to grab the last photo
size, I think this is square, and I don't know the sizes, like 128x128, 32x32, etc

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting this Luiz! That's correct, it's now possible to get the profile picture in API v2 via profile_photo_url returned by /users/get_current_account.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It's also now possible to set the profile picture using /2/account/set_profile_photo.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    luiz fernando s New member | Level 1
    Kyle N.1 New member | Level 1
    Steve K.45 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?