cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ListFolderAsync()

Issue with ListFolderAsync()

Claudia_1982
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I try to use ListFolderAsync() to get first experience with DropboxApi.

On Dropbox I generated my first app called "FirstTest12345" with permission type "App Folder".  My first test should show me the content of some folder (e.g. root "" or manually generated others "/test"). When I try this, there is only a result when the folder is empty (Count=0). If theres is some content ListFolderAsync seems to run infinite time.

Here my code:

var list = await client.Files.ListFolderAsync("some path"); //e.g. "" or "/in"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Nothing appears to be wrong with that code. Can you let me know:

- what version number of the .NET SDK you have installed.
- how you're checking that this call runs forever. It should eventually time out if it doesn't complete. Are you sure your program isn't hanging somewhere else? It may be useful to step through with a debugger.
- if you get any other error/output.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Nothing appears to be wrong with that code. Can you let me know:

- what version number of the .NET SDK you have installed.
- how you're checking that this call runs forever. It should eventually time out if it doesn't complete. Are you sure your program isn't hanging somewhere else? It may be useful to step through with a debugger.
- if you get any other error/output.

Claudia_1982
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You were right. I use VS2017 with .NET 4.7.03056. When I debuged I set the breakpoint at the named function. Then I did one step over (F10) the function to see the content of the "list" parameter. When there was no content in list, which means Count=0, then the debugger stopped at next instruction. When there was content (folders or files) the debugger ran over the next instruction, so it seemed to me, that it hanged at ListFolderAsync....

After setting more breakpoint after ListFolderAsync it stopped in any case and i could see, that the returnvalue contains everything i want.

Thank you very much.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Claudia_1982 New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?