Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

Re: Issues with API Limits

Dropboxer

@jakera Thanks for the feedback!

New member | Level 2

Please add me to the list of dissatisfied customers try to use Dropbox as a cloud back for my Synology NAS.  When I use Synology's Cloud Sync, I run into the API limit in less than 24 hours, so it is currently useless to me.

Dropboxer

@RBCunningham Thank you for the feedback!

Helpful | Level 6

Another client of ours has been hit with this today after running Dropbox perfectly for years. This is not a good situation. The original client I enquired for has now removed Dropbox from their NAS.

With the radio silence from Dropbox, as it stands the choices are:

1) Subscribe to 10+ users

2) Move to Google Drive

I hope you have some good news for us soon Greg K.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the further feedback @ojnet ! I'll be sure to follow up here if/when I have any news on this.

New member | Level 2

Another unsatisfied customer I am afraid, this issue has also affected us, I dont believe its a satisfactory solution asking small businesses to pay for 10 licenses. I do ask that you revise this as soon as possible as customers are getting frustrated by what just doesnt make sense.

Dropboxer

Thanks @markmeurer !

New member | Level 2
I have an business Advanced account for 15 users and I still have the same problem. I reconnected yesterday Cloud Sync on my NAS and I just received the email saying that I reached the limit.

New member | Level 2

Same issue here, same answers, same consequences... Dropbox can definitely do a better job with SMEs. 

Super User

I have about 10 SMB clients with Synology NAS servers in sync with Dropbox since a couple of years now.

Has been working nice but today I get the message about the API limit. OMG what's this? how we explain this issue to our client? This is non sense!

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post