cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marco M.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm developing an android app which uses DB api V2. Each time i select the option for login it accesses my dbbox through my credentials I can upload a file. But when i want to come back to the activity that called the one for authentication in fact it reloads the just called activity. I think it's an issue with onResume method but I'm not able to figure it out

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Marco, I'm not sure I follow, but it sounds like you may be calling the startOAuth2Authentication method when you don't intend to. You may want to add some logging around that, or step through with a debugger to see where that's happening.

You can refer to the Android sample app here to see how it handles it:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-java/blob/master/examples/android/src/main/java/com/dropbox/c...

If you're still having trouble, please post the relevant code, and maybe some screenshots and a screencast showing the issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Marco, I'm not sure I follow, but it sounds like you may be calling the startOAuth2Authentication method when you don't intend to. You may want to add some logging around that, or step through with a debugger to see where that's happening.

You can refer to the Android sample app here to see how it handles it:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-java/blob/master/examples/android/src/main/java/com/dropbox/c...

If you're still having trouble, please post the relevant code, and maybe some screenshots and a screencast showing the issue.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?