cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login page "Sign In" button not working

Login page "Sign In" button not working

brduffy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have read through the readme file for SwiftyDropBox and followed all of the directions. The app compiles without error. When I run in the simulator and click the button I have setup to connect to the appropriate code to launch the auth workflow the page loads but no images are included. there are question marks in place of the images. The "Sign in" button is visible and I can enter my email and password for DropBox but clicking on the sign in button does not do anything. I have made sure that I am passing the topmost view controller ... 

var topController = UIApplication.shared.keyWindow?.rootViewController
            while let presentedViewController = topController!.presentedViewController {
                    topController = presentedViewController
                }

DropboxClientsManager.authorizeFromController(UIApplication.shared,
                                                          controller: topController,
                                                          openURL: { (url: URL) -> Void in
                                                            UIApplication.shared.openURL(url)
            })

I have included the necessary code in my app delegate with the proper app key. When I hit "done" on the page I get the 

"Authorization flow was manually canceled by user!" message in my console properly. 

No idea what is going on here?! 

XCode version 10.1

IOS SDK 12.1

iOS Simulator:  12.1: (16B91)

SwiftyDropBox v 5.0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! The same setup is working correctly for me currently. 

Based on your description, it sounds like the browser was unable to load certain resources for some reason. (You mentioned that the images weren't loading; there are other resources loaded from the same sources that are necessary for that page to function. If they can't be successfully retrieved, the page would break like that.)

Is there any particular reason your network connection wouldn't be able to access particular resources/domains (especially the ones listed here)? For instance, is there any proxy, firewall, or other network or security software that may be interfering? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! The same setup is working correctly for me currently. 

Based on your description, it sounds like the browser was unable to load certain resources for some reason. (You mentioned that the images weren't loading; there are other resources loaded from the same sources that are necessary for that page to function. If they can't be successfully retrieved, the page would break like that.)

Is there any particular reason your network connection wouldn't be able to access particular resources/domains (especially the ones listed here)? For instance, is there any proxy, firewall, or other network or security software that may be interfering? 

brduffy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Maybe,

But I have tested it both at home and at work now and I have the same problem. Also, I can load Apples website in the simulator and I get all of the images on that page. Maybe its some kind of setting in the simulator itself? A javascript setting perhaps?

brduffy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Awwww man! It was my AVG Anti-Virus. I installed that on my Mac like three years ago and haven't heard a peep from it since :-D. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

brduffy Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?