cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile document scanner API

Mobile document scanner API

thabang
New member | Level 2

Hi , I would like to know if you have a document scanner api/SDK for users who want to integrate their mobile app with this document scanning feature you launched on dropbox app? 

12 Replies 12

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The Dropbox API doesn't offer that functionality, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

johntunell
Explorer | Level 4

Hi! Any updates on this? Any beta possibilities? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, unfortunately I don't have any news on this.

G_Cougard
Explorer | Level 4

Hello @Greg K. ! I am super interested in what @johntunell is asking, we would like to have DropBox Scanning feature integrated with our website : our employees could directly scan with their mobile phone by clicking on a button in our app, DropBox would scan and copy document both in our system and in our back-up DropBox storage. 

Would this be possible? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@G_Cougard No, unfortunately I don't have any news on the request to expose access to this functionality.

johntunell
Explorer | Level 4
Yeah I can see so many possibilities with an API for this. We would use it as a step in our document processing pipeline, making documents more uniform in our web app and easier to analyze.

G_Cougard
Explorer | Level 4

@johntunell Any idea on how to sky-rocket this topic to the top of DropBox customers' requirements?  :disappointed_relieved:

johntunell
Explorer | Level 4

Not sure.

I have friends at multiple startups in Sthlm that are working with processing documents that are in the same situation, looking for "of the shelf" API:s/solutions to make their documents more uniform (rotating, cropping etc). The alternative that most go for is to implement this themselves, which is costly and often not the main objective for the business.  The document scanner that dropbox have is hands down the best on the market atm, so its a shame if that is not being leveraged into a service that can be used by business. Do you have any suggestions?

G_Cougard
Explorer | Level 4

Not really ... I do believe this is something that many company would love to be able to use, but I also know that without enough crowd, we won't get much attention from Dropbox product management team ... 

Am I right @Greg K. ? 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    G_Cougard Explorer | Level 4
    johntunell Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?