cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mount a folder from a shared link

Mount a folder from a shared link

simonas
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have an app with full dropbox access.

1. I poll for changes and wait until some folder is shared with me (/list_folder/longpoll)

2. I get notified when some folder was shared with me (via /list_folder/longpoll)

3. I want to mount that shared folder. But not sure how to do it.

If I check list_folder with cursor, I dont get shared folder because it is not mounted yet and list_folder returns only mounted folders (?)

There is list_mountable_folders as well. But I dont have a valid cursor to get only "new" mountable folders.

What would be the flow to "fetch" only new mountable folders? :}

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

First, to clarify your post's title, it's not possible to mount a shared folder from a "shared link". There are a few different types of sharing on Dropbox, and they work differently.

The term "shared links" refers to the ability to send a link to any file or folder. These cannot be "mounted".

The term "shared folders" refers to the ability to share a folder with another Dropbox user, and allow them to view or edit the contents. These folders can be "mounted" in the recipient's account.

Anyway, it sounds like you are referring to the latter functionality. 

To mount a shared folder that you've been invited to, you should use the /2/sharing/mount_folder endpoint. That allows you to specify the shared folder ID of the currently-unmounted shared folder that you want to mount. 

You can list the currently-unmounted folders and get the shared folder IDs for them from /2/sharing/list_mountable_folders[/continue]. (The 'path_lower' value will be absent for unmounted folders.) There isn't a way to monitor for new mountable entries only, but I'll pass this along as a feature request as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

First, to clarify your post's title, it's not possible to mount a shared folder from a "shared link". There are a few different types of sharing on Dropbox, and they work differently.

The term "shared links" refers to the ability to send a link to any file or folder. These cannot be "mounted".

The term "shared folders" refers to the ability to share a folder with another Dropbox user, and allow them to view or edit the contents. These folders can be "mounted" in the recipient's account.

Anyway, it sounds like you are referring to the latter functionality. 

To mount a shared folder that you've been invited to, you should use the /2/sharing/mount_folder endpoint. That allows you to specify the shared folder ID of the currently-unmounted shared folder that you want to mount. 

You can list the currently-unmounted folders and get the shared folder IDs for them from /2/sharing/list_mountable_folders[/continue]. (The 'path_lower' value will be absent for unmounted folders.) There isn't a way to monitor for new mountable entries only, but I'll pass this along as a feature request as well.

simonas
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

thanks for reply.

Ability to monitor new mountable entries would be much appreciated :}

Need more support?