cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET 4.0 Reference could not be resolved

.NET 4.0 Reference could not be resolved

Nicodk
New member | Level 2

Hi there

I am currently trying to integrate Dropbox into a bigger system running .NET 4.0, the issue is that when I install the Dropbox.Net NuGet into my class library and rebuild the solution, I receive the following errors, from another library that references it.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning The primary reference "location/DropboxProject.dll" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Runtime, Version=1.5.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "location/DropboxProject.dll" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Runtime, Version=1.5.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a". Easy2u.PCS

Warning The primary reference "location/DropboxProject.dll" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Threading.Tasks, Version=1.5.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "location/DropboxProject.dll" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Threading.Tasks, Version=1.5.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a". Easy2u.PCS

Warning The primary reference "location/DropboxProject.dll" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "location/DropboxProject.dll" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a". Easy2u.PCS

I figured it has to do with the fact that the Class Library that uses my Dropbox Project, is using older versions of those 3 dependencies, is there a way to solve this issue?

Thank you for the help.

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
I'm not sure offhand what the cause of this would be or how to solve it. Are you able to remove the reference or retarget the application, per the error message?

In any case, what version of Visual Studio are you using?

Also, there are some posts here that may be helpful:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16756186/system-net-http-could-not-be-resolved-in-the-currently-...
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26918631/dependency-on-the-framework-assembly-system-runtime-ver...

Nicodk
New member | Level 2

I figured out that it is because the second Class Library also needs the Microsoft.Bcl.Build nuget/reference in order to work.

But thanks for your time 🙂

ManikandanIndia
Explorer | Level 4

Dear Nicodk,

I too have the same problem now.  How did you resolve it? How to did you make the second class library to get with Microsoft.Bcl.Build nuget/reference?

I am delibrately in need of your help.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@ManikandanIndia I'm afraid I can't offer much help with this since this is more about managing dependencies in Visual Studio/NuGet/.NET as opposed to using the Dropbox API itself, but maybe @Nicodk can offer some advice.

Otherwise, there are some posts with detials and fixes for similar errors that may be useful:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    ManikandanIndia Explorer | Level 4
    Nicodk New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?