cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSStatus error -10814 when trying DBRoulette app

OSStatus error -10814 when trying DBRoulette app

Pablo78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm currently trying to run the DBRoulette app in I always have the following errors.

2017-12-13 21:42:39.916165+0100 DBRoulette[20354:830384] -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"

2017-12-13 21:42:39.917405+0100 DBRoulette[20354:830384] -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-8-emm://1/connect" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"

I use XCode 9.2 and I followed instructions on https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c

I mean creating a Dropbox app, getting the APP_KEY, running pod update, modifying info.plist...

From the forums it seems I'm not using the official DP SDK, but I'm running the sample wih ObjectiveDropboxOfficial...

Any idea?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! I've seen that happen when the Dropbox web site isn't allowed on the device due to website restrictions:

Settings > General > Restrictions > Websites

Can you try disabling that restriction and let me know if that helps?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The 10814 errors themselves are expected if the official Dropbox app isn't installed, so they're safe to ignore. The SDK should automatically fall back to processing the app authorization flow in Safari in that case. (More specifically, it should present a SFSafariViewController with the OAuth 2 app authorization flow on the Dropbox web site.)

Is that part not working for you?

Pablo78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Indeed when I click on the link "Link to Dropbox account" in the view "Link Account" I see the Safari page loaded with www.dropbox.com, then after a couple of seconds it comes back to the view "Link Account".

I also have the following message in the console:

2017-12-13 22:12:35.334618+0100 DBRoulette[21151:877961] [App] if we're in the real pre-commit handler we can't actually add any new fences due to CA restriction

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
That console message is unrelated to this flow and can also be ignored.

When you tap "Link to Dropbox account" you should be presented with the Dropbox log in page, or the app authorization page if already logged in. This is working properly for me.

What version of the Dropbox SDK do you have installed, and have you made any modifications to the DBRoulette app?

Pablo78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It is what I expected (login page).

I didn't modify the DBRoulette app (except adding the APP_KEY in info.plist and in code).

When executing "pod update", I saw version 3.4.0

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! I've seen that happen when the Dropbox web site isn't allowed on the device due to website restrictions:

Settings > General > Restrictions > Websites

Can you try disabling that restriction and let me know if that helps?

Pablo78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Great! It worked running from a connected device (iPhone)!

But from simulator, no such preference. Anyway working from the device solved my issue.

Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Pablo78 Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?