cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Obj-C Dropbox Library crashes in iOS8.4

Obj-C Dropbox Library crashes in iOS8.4

Robert S.138
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I just released my iOS app updated to Dropbox API v2 using the Obj-C library through CoCoPods.  I works fine in iOS9.  But now I am getting calls that it crashes on start-up under iOS8.x.  Then I ran an iOS simulator with iOS 8.4 and it does indeed crash on start-up with 

dyld: Symbol not found: _NSURLSessionTaskPriorityHigh

A search of the source code shows this appears in only one place, in the Dropbox file  DBTransportClient.m.  The Obj-C library was supposed to be compatible with iOS8 and above.  What should I do?

By the way, I commented out the offending line in DBTransportClient.m and my app started up without errors.

-Robert Scott

Hopkins, MN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The contents of the "Podfile.lock" file should tell you what you currently have installed.

You can control what version you get installed using the contents of your "Podfile" file. You can use this line to just request the latest version:

pod 'ObjectiveDropboxOfficial'

Run `pod update` to update the pods installed in your project.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Robert, what version of the SDK do you have installed? This sounds like a bug that was fixed in version 1.1.1. Please make sure you're using the latest version, currently 2.0.6.

Robert S.138
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

How can I check and how do I update?  (I am very new to CoCoPods).

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The contents of the "Podfile.lock" file should tell you what you currently have installed.

You can control what version you get installed using the contents of your "Podfile" file. You can use this line to just request the latest version:

pod 'ObjectiveDropboxOfficial'

Run `pod update` to update the pods installed in your project.

Robert S.138
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Thanks.  I figured it out too.  I just ran

pod update

and it is updating from 1.0.11 to 2.0.6.

Need more support?