cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: Objective-C Dropbox API very different from v. 2.0.6 to 3.10.0

Objective-C Dropbox API very different from v. 2.0.6 to 3.10.0

Robert S.138
Helpful | Level 7

I had been using ObjectiveDropboxOfficial version 2.0.6 sinc 2016.  Today I updated the SDK using cocoapods "pods update".  All seemed to go well and it said I now have version 3.10.0.  Initially I got "file not found" in my application file when I try to import the dropbox api header.  I solved that by adding $(inherited) to both the Framework Header Search Path and the User Header Search Path in the target build settings.

Now I am working through all the API changes that come up as errors in my application.  Most of them I can figure out by looking for APIs with similar names.  But I have not found the way to get the Server date and time stamp after uploading a file to the server.  There used to be a field in the DBFILESFileMetadata returned that gave the serverModified, which was a dictionary including, among other things, the NSFileModificationDate.  Is there any way to get that data now with version 3.10.0?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You can find information about any breaking changes in the release notes in the release history here:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/releases

For example, there were some breaking changes with release v3.0.0.

I'm not sure I know exactly what functionality you're referring to from v2.0.6 though. The DBFILESFileMetadata.serverModified field is and was the NSDate for the modified time recorded by the server for a file. Here's the definition of that in the v3.10.0, and here's the same definition in v2.0.6. That was an NSDate, not a dictionary.

Can you elaborate on what specific information you're looking for, and/or share the relevant code you were using to access it on v2.0.6?

Need more support?