cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origin does not match any app domain

Origin does not match any app domain

Chase R.4
New member | Level 1

Hi there,

I am trying to build out a Dropbox App for our applicant tracking system - IBM Kenexa BrassRing. The Dropbox AppI will allow candidates to upload their resume during the application process.  I followed IBM Kenexa's work instructions when I built the app; however, I have struggled with identifying the Choose/Saver domain I should use.  I currently have localhost added, but I get the following error message when I tried to access the Dropbox icon via IBM Kenexa BrassRing: Origin does not match any app domain.

I have included a link to my Dropbox App: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps/info/fvzqbg0otvx0mkc

Can someone shed some light on my issue?

Thanks,

Chase

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Chase, the Chooser/Saver domains you need to register should be the domain(s) of the site(s) where you will deploy your Chooser/Saver integration.

For example, if I was developing an integration for this forum itself, I might register "localhost" for my local development environment, like you mentioned, and then to deploy it for real, I would register "dropboxforum.com". 

If you share the full URL of the page where you get the error, I can offer some more specific guidance.

KamFloyd
New member | Level 2

This same thing is happening to me too, I am trying to submit my resume for a job and I did everything but that not configures properly thing is preventing me from doing anything. If you had any advice please let me know!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@KamFloyd It sounds like you're an end-user trying to use an integration with Dropbox on a third party site. This issue is something the owner of the third party site would need to fix. I recommend you reach out to them to ask them to fix it. (They can contact us directly if they're having trouble with the Dropbox platform.)

signalhype
New member | Level 2

Hey Greg, I'm getting something like this on our app. I get the message "Uh oh! Seems like this widget is not configured properly. Origin does not match any app domain". Our app is installed in a sub domain of the site app.domain.io in the Chooser/Saver domain box I have tried both URL's app.domain.io and domain.io but still a no go.

My app link https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps/info/6zffm0mxc13k2zk

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@signalhype Can you share the full URL of the Dropbox page showing the error so I can look into this for you? (Feel free to open an API ticket if you'd prefer to share privately.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    signalhype New member | Level 2
    KamFloyd New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?