cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point-in-time track of dropbox resources

Point-in-time track of dropbox resources

kumargaurav0225
Explorer | Level 3

How can I check which objects like files,folders and space used has been changed after a specific time or date? In short,how can I get a point-in-time change  of my dropbox resources?

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do this exactly with the Dropbox API, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

The closest thing would be to process all of the entries from /2/files/list_folder[/continue] with path="" and recursive=true, and keep track of the server_modified and total size values manually, but that would be more work and may not give you exactly the right values you're looking for.

kumargaurav0225
Explorer | Level 3
Can I achieve the point-in-time updation check of any folder and files using webhooks?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Webhooks would help by letting you know that something has changed, but they doesn't offer any specific information. You would still need to call /2/files/list_folder[/continue] to get the actual information.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    kumargaurav0225 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?