cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the method ListFolderMembersAsync()

Question about the method ListFolderMembersAsync()

Pierluigi2019
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I noticed an issue when I call ListFolderMembersAsync(sharedFolderId).
If my shared folder contains a member that it is external of my team, when I call this method ListFolderMembersAsync, it doesn't show this member on the list of members.
What am i doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pierluigi2019
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.
I discovered the problem. In my scenario the folder contained some members and some invitees.
When I called ListFolderMembersAsync I checked inside only the Users but not the Invitees.

Thanks for your assistance

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Using the ListFolderMembersAsync and ListFolderMembersContinueAsync methods should let you list all of the members of a shared folder, whether or not they are also members of the same team as you.

Note though that this list is paginated, and you're not guaranteed to get all results back on one page. If the returned SharedFolderMembers.Cursor is present, you need to call back to ListFolderMembersContinueAsync to retrieve more results. 

Are you checking SharedFolderMembers.Cursor? If not, please add that to your implementation.

If you are already checking that and it's not present in this case, please let me know so we can look into it further.

Pierluigi2019
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.
I discovered the problem. In my scenario the folder contained some members and some invitees.
When I called ListFolderMembersAsync I checked inside only the Users but not the Invitees.

Thanks for your assistance

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Pierluigi2019 Helpful | Level 6
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?