cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relinquish file membership

Relinquish file membership

test0071
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I tried using the api  relinquish_file_membership. for which I followed teh following:

1. create a file , shared the file with someone and then tried to relinquish_file_memebrship howwver I get the error "The member doesn’t have access to the file"

2.  Someone else created the file and shared the file with me. Now, I treid the same API to relinquish file memebership, in which case I get teh error "You don’t have permission to perform this action."

Could you pelase let me know when and how does relinquish file membership works.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
1. The /2/sharing/relinquish_file_membership endpoint is meant for giving up access to a file that has been shared with you. If it's a file you own (i.e., it's in your account), you can't do so.

2. If the endpoint isn't working as expected for a member, please share the code and full output of /2/sharing/relinquish_file_membership, /2/sharing/list_file_members, and /2/users/get_current_account to help sort it out.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?