cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revoke and reissue token ....... keeping the Token server side.

Revoke and reissue token ....... keeping the Token server side.

mjoyner1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi fellow Dropboxer,

Unfortunately, our app needs to let the client have the Bearer token for a COR's direct content upload. I was wondering if it was possible to periodically revoke and get a new token without the OAuth dance. That way, there would be a TTL on the bearer and we don't need to worry about the client having the Bearer if we renew the Bearer every 24 hours.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to do that, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to do that, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API now offers the ability to get a temporary upload link so that you can have clients upload to an account without an access token for the account. You can find more information in this blog post:

https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2019/01/new-file-upload-link-api/

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API now offers short-lived access tokens and refresh tokens. You can find more information here: https://dropbox.tech/developers/migrating-app-permissions-and-access-tokens

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?