cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Failed to download API since SSL handshake failed

[Solved]Failed to download API since SSL handshake failed

taii
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi
In my application, Dropbox download API as below is failed, this API could work correctly till last week

Download API:
https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/download

I made sure this cURL command also. Below is failure log, how can I resolve this problem?

Command
C:\Users\aaa\Dropbox\folder1>curl -s -v --tlsv1.2 -X POST https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/download --header "Authorization: Bearer <access token>" --header "Dropbox-API-Arg: {\"path\": \"/test/foo.tif\"}" -o foo.tif
* Trying 162.125.4.8...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to content.dropboxapi.com (162.125.4.8) port 443 (#0)
* schannel: SSL/TLS connection with content.dropboxapi.com port 443 (step 1/3)
* schannel: checking server certificate revocation
* schannel: sending initial handshake data: sending 187 bytes...
* schannel: sent initial handshake data: sent 187 bytes
* schannel: SSL/TLS connection with content.dropboxapi.com port 443 (step 2/3)
* schannel: failed to receive handshake, SSL/TLS connection failed
* Closing connection 0
* schannel: shutting down SSL/TLS connection with content.dropboxapi.com port 443
* Send failure: Connection was reset
* schannel: failed to send close msg: Failed sending data to the peer (bytes written: -1)
* schannel: clear security context handle

Other API such as /list_folder and files/delete_v2 can work correctly withou TLS error

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! I just tried the code in your post though, and it worked fine for me. Is there anything on your network connection, e.g., proxy, firewall, etc., that may be interfering with your connection to content.dropboxapi.com in particular? (For comparison, /2/files/list_folder and /2/files/delete_v2 operate on api.dropboxapi.com.)

If you're still seeing this and there isn't anything on your network connection that's blocking the connection, please let me know the following so we can look into it:

• the version number of curl you have installed
  • the output of the following command from an affected machine

Mac/Linux:

traceroute content.dropboxapi.com

Windows:

tracert content.dropboxapi.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! I just tried the code in your post though, and it worked fine for me. Is there anything on your network connection, e.g., proxy, firewall, etc., that may be interfering with your connection to content.dropboxapi.com in particular? (For comparison, /2/files/list_folder and /2/files/delete_v2 operate on api.dropboxapi.com.)

If you're still seeing this and there isn't anything on your network connection that's blocking the connection, please let me know the following so we can look into it:

• the version number of curl you have installed
  • the output of the following command from an affected machine

Mac/Linux:

traceroute content.dropboxapi.com

Windows:

tracert content.dropboxapi.com

taii
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, Greg

Thank you for your comment and helping.

I made sure my company block list and this shows "content.dropboxapi.com" and after opening this, I can download.

Best Ragards.

tai

Need more support?