Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

Steering iOS dropbox app to go to a folder location

Explorer | Level 3

Hi people,

I need to guide people from an external app (FileMaker Go) to the correct dropbox folder. I found something but it's probably a bit of a hack, and it only works with shared folders. I use 

"dbapi-6://1/viewLink?url=" with the encryped path of a shared folder link. It works fine,  the dropbox app activates and goes to the correct folder. But again, it's not documented and I would like this to work with folders within a shared folder. But looking at the list_files instruction in the API, it only has those encryped file paths for shared folders. So I'm looking for a way to drive the DropBox app to select one of those, using a similar simple URL method. It could be simple, but I'm a bit of noob in this dropbox API, and I just don't see it.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Steering iOS dropbox app to go to a folder location

Dropboxer
Unfortunately, we don't currently have a good/documented way deep link to paths in the app like this, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.
4 Replies

Dropboxer
Unfortunately, we don't currently have a good/documented way deep link to paths in the app like this, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for your clear and immediate reply. And for passing this along to development. I hope this feature request makes it.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I know I should be looking at the documentation first before asking this again, but maybe someone can quickly answer this one with a yes or no. The customer just asked me again, now almost 3 years later. Has dropbox meanwhile implemented an API method to "deep link paths" in the app?

Dropboxer

No, unfortunately we still don't offer an official way to do this. Apologies I don't have better news for you!

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post