cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success upload file but can't open file !

Success upload file but can't open file !

Alain1010
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I uploaded a file in my dropbox thanks to the API. But for each file uploaded, it is 15 bytes and I can't open it in dropbox.

Can you tell me how to fix this issus please?

I'm using a SDK Javascript.

Thanks a lot

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If the files you're trying to upload aren't each 15 bytes, it sounds like there may be an issue with the upload implementation you're using. Can you share the code you're using so we can take a look?

Alain1010
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

dropboxConnect.filesUpload({ 
     path: globalData.dropboxClientsFolder + personId + '/' + dealId + '/' + file.name,
     contents: req.files.file
})

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for following up. I just gave that sample a try myself, and it worked fine for me. I was able to upload multiple files of various sizes correctly.

Can you let me know more about where/how you're running this? For the example, did you follow the instructions here for running it? 

And for your own code, what is req.files.file exactly? Can you step in with a debugger to check the value? (You may also want check the actual 15 bytes of content that is uploaded to see what it is actually.)

Can you also double check if the original local file you're uploading is itself accidentally only 15 bytes?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Alain1010 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?