cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SwiftyDropbox Import Error

SwiftyDropbox Import Error

ShiminCai
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm using Xcode 8.3.3 and CocoaPods. I successfully installed the SwiftyDropbox and its dependency Alamorefire. Then I opened the generated workspace file and tried to import SwiftyDropbox but got the error "No such module 'SwiftyDropbox'". I tried to remove the derived data and shift-alt-command-k, but did not help. Any ideas please?

Many thanks,

Shimin

The error:

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 4.38.46 pm.png

My Podfile:

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 4.39.36 pm.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ShiminCai
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Greg-DB,

I created a fresh Xcode project and installed the pods I need (SwiftyDropbox and others). The generated workspace compiled fine without that SwiftyDropbox import error. Then I copied and pasted the Framework Search Paths settings in this new project to replace the same settings in my original project. This removed the SwiftyDropbox import error. Maybe the pod install did not update the Framework Search paths settings in my original project because there were already some settngs there!!!

Thank you very much for your help.

Shimin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Can you confirm you opened the .xcworkspace and not the .xcodeproj?

Also, can you share the output you got from `pod install`?

ShiminCai
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Greg-DB,

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that I surely opened the .xcworkspace.

pod install output:

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 4.45.15 pm.png

Thanks,

Shimin

ShiminCai
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Greg-DB,

I created a fresh Xcode project and installed the pods I need (SwiftyDropbox and others). The generated workspace compiled fine without that SwiftyDropbox import error. Then I copied and pasted the Framework Search Paths settings in this new project to replace the same settings in my original project. This removed the SwiftyDropbox import error. Maybe the pod install did not update the Framework Search paths settings in my original project because there were already some settngs there!!!

Thank you very much for your help.

Shimin

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ShiminCai Helpful | Level 6
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?