cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.AggregateException path/not_found

System.AggregateException path/not_found

Blb0776
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am trying to builg a simple app to extract a file from dropbox and save it on my computer. I have verified the token, the files exist on dropbox, it's location and the directory on my computer. 

The code I have put together keeps giving me an error "path/not_found/"

Any assistance would be greatly apprecaited.

Thank you in advance,

I am a beginner so I hope this post is in the right place....APiException path/not_foundAPiException path/not_found

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

A 'path/not_found' error like this indicates that there was nothing found in the connected account at the path specified by the app. In this case, that's specified by the parameter value you're giving to the DownloadAsync method, which you're building from `folder + "/" + file`.

Those actual values are mostly redacted from your screenshot, but I do see that you have "?dl=1" at the end of your `file` value. Unless you actually have at the end of the filename of the file in your account, you shouldn't be appending that. That's just an option for use with shared links, not for file paths themselves.

Also, note that if your app is registered for the "app folder" permission, all file paths will automatically be interpreted relative to the special app folder automatically made for your app, inside "/Apps" by default. In that case, make sure the file(s) you're trying to work with are actually inside that app folder.

You can use the ListFolderAsync/ListFolderContinueAsync methods to list the contents, if any, of the root folder, by starting with a 'path' value of the empty string "". That way you can get the actual Metadata.PathLower value for downloading a file with DownloadAsync.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

A 'path/not_found' error like this indicates that there was nothing found in the connected account at the path specified by the app. In this case, that's specified by the parameter value you're giving to the DownloadAsync method, which you're building from `folder + "/" + file`.

Those actual values are mostly redacted from your screenshot, but I do see that you have "?dl=1" at the end of your `file` value. Unless you actually have at the end of the filename of the file in your account, you shouldn't be appending that. That's just an option for use with shared links, not for file paths themselves.

Also, note that if your app is registered for the "app folder" permission, all file paths will automatically be interpreted relative to the special app folder automatically made for your app, inside "/Apps" by default. In that case, make sure the file(s) you're trying to work with are actually inside that app folder.

You can use the ListFolderAsync/ListFolderContinueAsync methods to list the contents, if any, of the root folder, by starting with a 'path' value of the empty string "". That way you can get the actual Metadata.PathLower value for downloading a file with DownloadAsync.

Blb0776
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Greg,

Thank you so very much for the explanation!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Blb0776 Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?