cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Folder Vs Shared Folders

Team Folder Vs Shared Folders

omrika
Explorer | Level 3

i have to account 

1. team Folders UI

2. shared folder (NEW UI)

using the Dropbox C# SDK .

On the team folder account I manage to get all of my folders from the List_Folder | List_Folder_Continue requests.

When trying to retrieve the new shared folders from the same request they does not appear. They appear only in the shareing.ListFolder request and they are missing Path_lower and Path_Display parameters.

Just for the clarify my company is doing data migration from Cloud to cloud and Dropbox is one of the Top 4 user are using.

I am trying to get the user hierarchy but the new shared folders are doing me a big mess.

Please need you help Greg.

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like you're referring to shared folders that have been shared with the account, but which have not yet been added or "mounted" in the account. The SharingUserRoutes.ListFolders and SharingUserRoutes.ListFoldersContinue methods will list all of the shared folders the user has access to, whether or not the folders have been mounted. If the path values are missing, it indicates that the shared folder is not mounted.

The FilesUserRoutes.ListFolder and FilesUserRoutes.ListFolderContinue results will not list shared folders that have not been mounted.

omrika
Explorer | Level 3

in the Dropbox Ui how can user Mount a folder?

how i can tell that folder is not mount?

in the home page when i click files. the folder appear under the Purpule folder - it taht mean that the folder is mounted??

omrika
Explorer | Level 3

is this folder is mounted?

with list_folders i can't get this folder path 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You can find information on how to add or "mount" a shared folder in your account using the Dropbox web UI in this help article:

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/add-shared-folder

On https://www.dropbox.com/share/folders , folders that are listed as "Not added" are not currently added or "mounted" in the account.

If you do see a shared folder in the actual file/folder listing, e.g., under your purple member folder, that means it is mounted.

I'm not sure I understand the question in your most recent comment though. What folder are you referring to? Did you intend to add a screenshot?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    omrika Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?