cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Testing Dropbox for Business using Developer Account

Testing Dropbox for Business using Developer Account

mmshann
New member | Level 2

Is it possible to do such a thing with only a free Developer Account? I have built a "team" and included a team admin, in addition I've got a business app and setup the oauth details, however after I login with the team admin I get:

You must be a team administrator to authorize this app. Either login to a Dropbox for Business admin account, or contact an existing administrator for your team.

So, I am a team admin (or more accurately the account I am using is), is this failing because I haven't purchased a Dropbox for Business account? I don't need the service, I just need to write an App against it.

Any suggestions?

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Yes, you'll need a Dropbox Business account for this. A free account won't work, but you can use a trial:

https://www.dropbox.com/business

I'll send this along as a request for a better way to test this.

mmshann
New member | Level 2

Thanks Greg, that's a pain, but it's out of your direct control.

Ben_Indy
New member | Level 2

Hi Greg, has there been any progress on this? Since the trial is only 30 days, doesn't really do the trick long term.

JamieLanger
Explorer | Level 3

Feels good to see the company replying responsibly.

Source: https://www.techwhoop.com/download-cisco-anyconnect/

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Ben_Indy No, unfortunately I don't have any news on this.

We appreciate the feedback though! I'll send it along to the team.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

We now have the ability to offer developers access to a free Dropbox Business Development Account. This will allow you to test your app using a standard Dropbox Business team. You can request one using this online form. Once the team approves your request, you’ll be sent instructions by email to set up your development account. 

Note that development accounts are granted on a by-request basis and are contingent on additional terms and conditions outlined in the request form. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this. I hope this allows you to better test your applications in the future. 

Need more support?