Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

To upload a file I use "client.put_file(filename, f)" what should I use to download?

Helpful | Level 6

Hi, I'm uploading files to Dropbox from an Arduino Yun using the Python.

This is the code (working fine) I use to upload

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
import dropbox
import datetime
suffix = datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%Y%m%d%H%M")
filename = suffix + ".jpg"
client = dropbox.client.DropboxClient('my token here')
f = open('/mnt/sda1/pic.jpg', 'rb')
response = client.put_file(filename, f)
print "uploaded:", response

can you please show me the equivalent to download a file named "myfile.txt" an store it with the same name on the Yun's directory "/mnt/sda1/"

Many thanks in advance

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: To upload a file I use "client.put_file(filename, f)" what should I use to download?

Dropboxer

The 'dropbox.client' functionality you're using is actually for the deprecated API v1. You should update to the latest version and use it as documented here, which uses API v2.

To upload a file, you would use files_upload. To download a file you would use files_download or files_download_to_file. There's an example that showing uploading and downloading.

2 Replies

Re: To upload a file I use "client.put_file(filename, f)" what should I use to download?

Super User II
*moves to API forum*

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer

The 'dropbox.client' functionality you're using is actually for the deprecated API v1. You should update to the latest version and use it as documented here, which uses API v2.

To upload a file, you would use files_upload. To download a file you would use files_download or files_download_to_file. There's an example that showing uploading and downloading.

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post