cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook for Shared Folder

Webhook for Shared Folder

selfics
New member | Level 2

We are trying to get Webhooks working with Shared folders but it seems that whenever I share a folder webhooks become disabled.

What I would like to happen is that we share a specific folder with a user, then when they add files to the folder the webhook is fired telling us about the change.

The users who we are adding to the share have been added to Development Users so I'm not sure why the webhook is not being triggered.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Webhook notifications should be sent for any changes in the accounts of Dropbox users that are linked to your API app, regardless of whether or not the changes are in shared folders.

If you're not receiving webhook notifications when you're expecting them though, we'll be happy to look into it for you. That would likely be easier if you can share the relevant app name and user ID(s), so please feel free to open an API ticket here to share the details privately:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

selfics
New member | Level 2

OK thanks Greg. If you are saying it should work then I will run a few more tests, if those don't work then I'll send more info using the form you sent.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

selfics New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?