cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcode: Build error with ObjectiveDropboxOfficial framework

Xcode: Build error with ObjectiveDropboxOfficial framework

zulfishah
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I am getting a build error when building the ObjectiveDropboxOfficial framework. I use Carthage to build both iOS and Mac builds and link them into my project, just as instructed on the readme file. I get this error when I build my iOS app target:

While building module 'ObjectiveDropboxOfficial' imported from Classes/MyDropboxNewManager.h:13:
In file included from <module-includes>:1:
Carthage/Build/Mac/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework/Headers/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.h:32:9: fatal error: 'ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/DBSDKImports-iOS.h' file not found
#import <ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/DBSDKImports-iOS.h>
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.

In file included from /Users/zs/Documents/Git/branches/CJ-400/SimpleList/Classes/CloudKitTeamBrowserViewController.m:11:
In file included from Classes/MoreOptionsTableController.h:14:
Classes/DropboxNewManager.h:13:9: fatal error: could not build module 'ObjectiveDropboxOfficial'
#import <ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.h>
 ~~~~~~~^

What's strange is that I am building for the iOS target, but it's looking in Carthage/Build/Mac/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework for the header files. Sure enough, if I delete the "Carthage/Build/Mac" directory, the iOS target starts building fine! But it's cumbersome to have to run 'carthage update' every time I want to run the Mac app target, and then remember to delete it again before running my iOS target. 

Can someone suggest a solution for this problem? 

1 Reply 1

DBX_Robert
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like your iOS build configuration might be accidentally referencing to the Carthage/Build/Mac directory.  Can you double check your iOS build configuration and verify the dropbox library was copied from Carthage/Build/iOS and the build phase is also conigured for Carthage/Build/iOS

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBX_Robert Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?