cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create_shared_link_with_settings randomly crapping out after several calls

create_shared_link_with_settings randomly crapping out after several calls

Gregory Q.
Explorer | Level 4

I'm getting random returned path errors today making calls to: 

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings

These worked fine for the past 6 months - is there maintenance going on today?

3 Replies 3

TaylorKrusen
Dropbox Staff

No maintenance currently going on. 

Could you please share the relevant code that is producing the errors and we can try to help solve the issue with you? 

Developer_
New member | Level 2
Hi @TaylorKrusen,

create_shared_link_with_settings is currently returning shared_link_already_exists error yet on listing the links it lists the file's parent folder as the already existing link.. This was working fine till I checked today and it has broken my app...Please look into why it is now not possible to create_shared_link_with_settings for a file whose parent folder already has a shared link, thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Developer_ I just gave this a try and it seems to be working correctly for me. Can you share some sample calls/output showing the issue so we can take a closer look?

Also, so that we don't spam the original author on this thread (they seemed to be asking about different "path" errors anyway), please open a new thread with details, or if open an API ticket here if you'd prefer to share privately. Thanks in advance! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Developer_ New member | Level 2
    TaylorKrusen Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?