Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

create_shared_link_with_settings randomly crapping out after several calls

Explorer | Level 3

I'm getting random returned path errors today making calls to: 

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings

These worked fine for the past 6 months - is there maintenance going on today?

3 Replies

Re: create_shared_link_with_settings randomly crapping out after several calls

Dropboxer

No maintenance currently going on. 

Could you please share the relevant code that is producing the errors and we can try to help solve the issue with you? 

New member | Level 2
Hi @TaylorKrusen,

create_shared_link_with_settings is currently returning shared_link_already_exists error yet on listing the links it lists the file's parent folder as the already existing link.. This was working fine till I checked today and it has broken my app...Please look into why it is now not possible to create_shared_link_with_settings for a file whose parent folder already has a shared link, thanks

Dropboxer

@Developer_ I just gave this a try and it seems to be working correctly for me. Can you share some sample calls/output showing the issue so we can take a closer look?

Also, so that we don't spam the original author on this thread (they seemed to be asking about different "path" errors anyway), please open a new thread with details, or if open an API ticket here if you'd prefer to share privately. Thanks in advance! 

API Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about API Support.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post