cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

`filesSearchMatch` has no `media_info`?

`filesSearchMatch` has no `media_info`?

eouia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm using Dropbox Javascript SDK.

In documentation, (http://dropbox.github.io/dropbox-sdk-js/global.html#FilesSearchMatch)

`FilesSearchMatch` could have `FilesFileMetadata` and, `FilesFileMetadata` could have `media_info` optionally.

But all my '.jpeg' photos which were taken from cameras(many kinds) have no `media_info` field in `metadata`. 
Is it right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That behavior is correct. The `media_info` isn't available in FilesFileMetadata in FilesSearchMatch, as retrieved by filesSearch, unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

If you want the `media_info`, you should retrieve the metadata using filesGetMetadata or filesListFolder/filesListFolderContinue, and set include_media_info to true, i.e., in FilesGetMetadataArg for filesGetMetadata or FilesListFolderArg for filesListFolder.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That behavior is correct. The `media_info` isn't available in FilesFileMetadata in FilesSearchMatch, as retrieved by filesSearch, unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

If you want the `media_info`, you should retrieve the metadata using filesGetMetadata or filesListFolder/filesListFolderContinue, and set include_media_info to true, i.e., in FilesGetMetadataArg for filesGetMetadata or FilesListFolderArg for filesListFolder.

eouia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you. I changed my code to use `filesGetMetadata` additionally.
But I think if `FilesSearchMatch` could provide `media_info` also would be nicer.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

eouia New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?