cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i show dropbox file in my appliaction

how can i show dropbox file in my appliaction

-o
Explorer | Level 4

I am storing files into dropbox through laravel application, how can i get the stored file and show in my application

6 Replies 6

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @-o, can you elaborate a bit on that for me please? What would be the ideal end result if you don’t mind me asking? Would you like to open the files you’ve stored in Dropbox or is it something else that you wish to achieve?

Any detail &/or visual aid you could include on this discussion would be very helpful (omitting personal info please) & rest assured that I’m here to guide you on this in any way I can on my end. Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

-o
Explorer | Level 4

I have n number of customers, for each customer

1) i want to store the files into dropbox by giving unique name.

2) view or open file in my application by getting the file from dropbox, when click on view       icon in my application.

3)delete the file in dropbox, when i click on delete icon in my application.

How can i achieve this in my laravel application using dropbox.Thanks in Advance!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @-o

At first, if you're trying to store files into your Dropbox account, you can simply add them using the website/desktop app or the mobile app

If you want to be able to view and delete files in your Dropbox account using another third party app though, you'll have to contact them for more info as they may be able to provide you with more relevant steps.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give us a nudge. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

-o
Explorer | Level 4

using dropbox api, how can perform get,post,delete request to store, view and delete files in my laravel application through ajax request.Thanks in Advance!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey again @-o,

I've brought your posts under your original thread so as to keep troubleshooting consistent. 

I've also moved your thread here where some like-minded users may be able to share some ideas on this with you. 

In the meantime, don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@-o Dropbox does offer an API you can use for listing, uploading, and downloading files, among other operations. You can find everything you need to get started with the Dropbox API, including documentation, tutorials, and SDKs here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers

For example, to upload files you can use /2/files/upload, to download files you would use /2/files/download, and to deleted files you can use /2/files/delete_v2. Those are links to the documentation for the HTTPS endpoints themselves, but we recommend using one of the official SDKs if possible. Those have corresponding native methods for the HTTPS endpoints. 

There's also a Getting Started guide that may be helpful.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    -o Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?