cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to start with the .NET API for DropBox for Business

how to start with the .NET API for DropBox for Business

wriedmann
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

maybe my question is a bit complicated. So I will explain what I have to do.

I have to build an application to manage technical drawings for our company.

There will be a shared database (using a webservice we already have), and in that database we will store where the drawing effectively stays.

The drawings files itself should be shared through DropBox, and it depends on the type of drawing what users should have what type of access to it: modify, read or no access at all.

There are two types of users: internal users (that should access the drawings on the drive on the local server - we manage the rights internally, and the server should do the synchronization with the DropBox folder) and external users that will have the files on their local disc, maybe using SmartSync.

The rights and where the files should stay should be managed directly in the application.

The first thing I need to know what objects/classes I need to store a file in the DropBox folder and to assign the rights to them (we will build groups ourselves, and if the group changes, the application should take care of the changed rights).

Thank you very much for any hint!

Wolfgang

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

For integrating with the Dropbox API in .NET, we recommend using the official Dropbox API v2 .NET SDK:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-dotnet

There are instructions there for installing the library, and examples on how to use it.

There's also documentation for all of the methods. For instance, it sounds like you may want to use at least FilesUserRoutes.UploadAsyncSharingUserRoutes.ShareFolderAsync, and SharingUserRoutes.AddFolderMemberAsync.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

For integrating with the Dropbox API in .NET, we recommend using the official Dropbox API v2 .NET SDK:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-dotnet

There are instructions there for installing the library, and examples on how to use it.

There's also documentation for all of the methods. For instance, it sounds like you may want to use at least FilesUserRoutes.UploadAsyncSharingUserRoutes.ShareFolderAsync, and SharingUserRoutes.AddFolderMemberAsync.

wriedmann
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

thank you very much! I have already downloaded the SDK, but was a bit lost with it.

There are so many classes and methods that it is difficult to find the right ones.

Wolfgang

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

wriedmann Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?