cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue while accessing folder path while downloading from folder

issue while accessing folder path while downloading from folder

Sim_one
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I am using dropbox api(v2) in my ios objective c project.

I am facing issue while accessing folder named as Peter O'Brien , I tested various cases and it is only becase of having character in the folder name(it works fine otherwise). I have to use this folder name.

I am getting following error, can anyone give me solution on this? Please it is urgent for me.

ERROR:{

".tag" = path;

path =     {

".tag" = "not_found";

};

}

DropboxHttpError[{

ErrorContent = "path/not_found/";

RequestId = 39a94fa07696a1b4b7b38d56d1dabb68;

StatusCode = 409;

UserMessage = nil;

}];

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! I just tried this though, and it worked for me. I.e., I was able to call listFolder using the latest version of the official API v2 Objective-C SDK for a folder at "/Peter O'Brien" without issue.

Are you sure that's the correct path for the folder, and that you're connected to the right account? If you call listFolder for the path "" (i.e., an empty string), you can list the root to check.

Also, if your app has the "app folder" permission, make sure that folder exists inside the app folder for your app. By default, if the account is set to the English locale, the app folder will be at "/Apps/<app folder name>".

Sim_one
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Greg K,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, for some iPads devices it work and for some it does not. All iPads having the same ios version 12.x . I am sure that the folder path is correct.

If I remove ' in the folder name, it works fine on iPads which are giving this issue.

Anything else could be the issue?

Many Thanks,

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Sim_one We'll need to take a closer look. Please open an API ticket with the following:

• the version number of the Dropbox SDK you have installed
  • the output of getCurrentAccount
  • the output of listFolder with path=""
  • the code you're using to call for "Peter O'Brien"

Thanks in advance! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Sim_one Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?