cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

,please explain upload api in swift in detail

,please explain upload api in swift in detail

nilesh123
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Please explain dropbox v2 uoload API in detail.

I did not understand it in v1 is was explained neatly.

If i want to upload one audio file using dropbox v2 upload api then what should be value in path and input paramter ?

input should be what ? file or filename or filedata or fileurl ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can find the full documentation for all of the upload methods in the SwiftyDropbox SDK here:

https://dropbox.github.io/SwiftyDropbox/api-docs/latest/Classes/FilesRoutes.html#/s:FC13SwiftyDropbo...

If you click on a method name, it will expand to show the documentation for that method, including the full method definition with parameter types and descriptions, as well as the result type.

There's an example of making an upload call in the readme here:

https://github.com/dropbox/SwiftyDropbox#upload-style-request

So, for instance, in that example, to upload an audio file like you describe, you would supply the desired path for the uploaded file in the 'path' parameter, and supply the data for the file in the 'input' parameter. 

That example shows supplying the data as a Data object, but you can also supply a URL object or an InputStream object.

View solution in original post

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The 'path' you supply should be the full desired path in Dropbox for the uploaded file, including the file name an extension, e.g., "/Some folder/myfile.mp3".

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can find the full documentation for all of the upload methods in the SwiftyDropbox SDK here:

https://dropbox.github.io/SwiftyDropbox/api-docs/latest/Classes/FilesRoutes.html#/s:FC13SwiftyDropbo...

If you click on a method name, it will expand to show the documentation for that method, including the full method definition with parameter types and descriptions, as well as the result type.

There's an example of making an upload call in the readme here:

https://github.com/dropbox/SwiftyDropbox#upload-style-request

So, for instance, in that example, to upload an audio file like you describe, you would supply the desired path for the uploaded file in the 'path' parameter, and supply the data for the file in the 'input' parameter. 

That example shows supplying the data as a Data object, but you can also supply a URL object or an InputStream object.

nilesh123
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thanks for the information.

when i write say "temp" as path and pass data at input it gets upload succesfully but my question now is that it doesn't recognize that its an audio file the what will be solution ? how should i do it ?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The 'path' you supply should be the full desired path in Dropbox for the uploaded file, including the file name an extension, e.g., "/Some folder/myfile.mp3".

nilesh123
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! Greg

jdwileymon
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm getting this same "an audio error occurred" when uploading .wav files, but with the javascript sdk. I can't seem to find any documentation or examples on how this data is supposed to be passed (in what format) to the function.

I'm using filesUpload as per:

var dbx = new Dropbox({ accessToken: 'token' });

dbx.filesUpload({path: filePath, contents: req.body.file, mode: 'overwrite'})
.then(function(response) {
res.sendStatus(200);
console.log("audio saved!");
})
.catch(function(error) {
console.error(error);
response.sendStatus(400);
});

1. I've tried ArrayBuffer
  2. UInt8Array
  3. window.createObjectUrl(blob)
  4. blob data
  5. Binary data
  6. File object

The examples just show a "file" from a file input and passing that directly to the contents: param, but that doesn't work either. 

How is the data supposed to be passed for the contents param in filesUpload?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@jdwileymon I don't believe this thread is relevant to the problem you're seeing. This thread was about using the Swift SDK, but you're using the JavaScript SDK, and it also doesn't mention the "an audio error occurred" error you cited.

I'll follow up on your thread for this issue:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-Support-Feedback/Audio-files-uploaded-give-quot-audio-error-has-...

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    jdwileymon Explorer | Level 3
    nilesh123 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?