cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "restricted content" errors, except not copyrighted?

"restricted content" errors, except not copyrighted?

Stark
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hey there;

I am making API requests to sync my dropbox to my freenas server using rclone / pull / sync. it keeps failing for "restricted content". However if you look at the files that are failing it seems highly unlikely they are restricted. mostly minecraft world files that we created... Shouldn't be a copyright problem and they are like less than 1K.  here's a sample of the problems below.

I ran the bad file checker but it didn't see any of these files.  Anything I can do here?

2019/03/15 17:01:38 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:01:43 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/Copy of dunc/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:01:47 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/DIM-38/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/..
2019/03/15 17:01:52 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/Copy of dunc/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:01:54 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:01:59 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/galacticworld/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:01:59 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/Copy of dunc/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:02:02 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/DIM21/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/..
2019/03/15 17:02:07 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Server/Minecraft/plugins/EssentialsChat.jar: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:08 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Server/Minecraft/plugins/EssentialsSpawn.jar: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/..
2019/03/15 17:02:08 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/meeeeeeeeee/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:08 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/galacticworld/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:08 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Server/Minecraft/plugins/EssentialsProtect.jar: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/..
2019/03/15 17:02:08 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Server/Minecraft/plugins/ProtocolLib-3.4.0.jar: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:10 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/airport/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:12 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/DIM9/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:17 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/myy/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:02:17 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/meeeeeeeeee/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:17 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/galacticworld/DIM-28/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:02:19 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/airport/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:25 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/myy/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:25 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/meeeeeeeeee/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:25 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/plane/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:02:25 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/galacticworld/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:28 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/airport/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:33 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/myy/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:33 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/plane/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:33 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/galacticworld/DIM_SPACESTATION2/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/..
2019/03/15 17:02:33 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/meeeeeeeeee/MoCWyvernLair/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:36 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/TROPICS/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:40 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/sdfgdrcfgxcf/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:08:22 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/video/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:08:22 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/the new/MoCWyvernLair/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:09:12 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/friendserver/mods/farlanders-1.7.10-v1.2b.jar: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stark
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Awesome Greg, thanks for giving it ia kick.  I looked to see if there was a different developer support link before I sent that ticket, because I've worked in support before and I know that you can't arm everyone on the front line with the wierd corner case solutions.  

Let me know if I need to do anything to make it go, otherwise I will standby for contact from support.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you believe these files are incorrectly restricted, please open a ticket with support so they can look into it. Thanks!

Stark
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Greg;

Thanks for the response.  Before I posted here, I did in fact open ticket #9016899 with support, and they basically told me that I was out of luck, and that I should post here in the forums.  The full text of my back and forth with Iris in support is copied below.  

For the record, before I submitted that ticket OR posted here, I read a dozen forum posts about problems with the "restricted content" and saw many of your responses saying "this is fixed"!  So I wasn't toally despondent when Iris from Support said she couldn't help me, because I was hoping that you  would see this and set me straight. 

I was totally pumped when I saw that you had actually responded to myforum post, but then a few minutes later totally sad when I saw that you sent me back to support.  

Please, I have been a dropbox for business subscriber for YEARS, this is literally only my second ever support request, could I please get some help?

MS

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Ticket #9016899: TEAMS: "restricted content" errors, except probably not.

You can add a response by replying to this email.

Please be sure to reply with the same email address that you used to originally contact us.

Iris, Mar 18, 3:25 PM PDT:

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for response and I apologise that I was not clear what your issue was before.

However, I have now had chance to look into it and this APi is not one that we support.

Maybe you can speak to rclone about it, I apologise that I can be no further help at this time.

The problem you’re experiencing appears to be caused by another app or service you’re using, not by Dropbox. We’re unable to provide support for third-party apps or services.

The best way for you to get assistance with the problem is to reach out to the company that makes the app or service for support. I’d also suggest searching in the Dropbox Community: https://www.dropboxforum.com

The Dropbox Community is a forum where people can post questions and get answers from other community members. Answers in the Dropbox Community include how to use Dropbox alongside other products and services.

Kindest regards,
Iris

Michael Starkenburg, Mar 17, 10:38 PM PDT:

OK, well this is really disappointing.  I pay for dropbox for business when many other options are available, because I have always had excellent service in the few times, over many years, when I had an important questions.

However, this time, your response took over 48 hours, and basically added no value.  To make it clearer, let me go ahead and answer your questions:

·       Please describe the issue you’re experiencing in as much detail as possible.

As I said in my original email, I am making API requests to sync my dropbox to my freenas server using rclone / pull / sync. it keeps failing for "restricted content". However if you look at the files that are failing it seems highly unlikely they are restricted. mostly minecraft world files that we created... here's a list below.  I ran the bad file checker but it didn't see any of these files.

·       Could you please send a screenshot of the issue (including any error messages)?

As I said in my original email, See long list of very specific errors attached.

·       Could you also tell me the name of the computer you’re using?

As I said in my original email, “API sync requests to "stark freenas test" app”   

If you need additional information to actually solve my problem, please ask a question that requires information not previously provided.  Otherwise, may I suggest that you escalate this to someone who has information about API calls, your copyright protection engine and its shortcomings, and who can help me solve this problem?

May I suggest that this is escalated to someone who understands my problem?  Perhaps from the developer support group, as they understand the API, and your copyright protection rules?  I am a longtime customer and this is a real problem on your side.  Please have someone responds who can actually help me, as opposed to the next level of canned response.

MS

Iris, Mar 17, 5:47 PM PDT:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for writing in to Dropbox Support. My name is Iris and I will be assisting you today.

From your email, my understanding is that you are experiencing issues syncing your Dropbox to your server and get restricted errors, is that correct?

Could you please provide the following information, so that I can troubleshoot?

·        Please describe the issue you’re experiencing in as much detail as possible.

·        Could you please send a screenshot of the issue (including any error messages)?

·        Could you also tell me the name of the computer you’re using? You can see a list of connected computers on your Security page here:

https://www.dropbox.com/account/security

You can find this page on the Dropbox website by following these steps:

1.    Log in to https://www.dropbox.com.

2.    Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

3.    Click Settings in the menu that appears.

4.    Click the Security tab.

Hope to hear back from you soon, if you have any queries in the meantime please feel free to reach out to me!

Regards,
Iris

PS: If you have questions about how to take a screenshot, see the following.

Mac: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5775

Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/help/13776

Michael Starkenburg, Mar 15, 5:36 PM PDT:

Hey there;

I am making API requests to sync my dropbox to my freenas server using rclone / pull / sync. it keeps failing for "restricted content". However if you look at the files that are failing it seems highly unlikely they are restricted. mostly minecraft world files that we created... here's a list below.

I ran the bad file checker but it didn't see any of these files.

Please help, this sync is worthless if it keeps throwing these errors.

2019/03/15 17:01:38 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:01:43 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/Copy of dunc/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:01:47 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/DIM-38/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/..
2019/03/15 17:01:52 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/Copy of dunc/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:01:54 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:01:59 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/galacticworld/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:01:59 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/Copy of dunc/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:02:02 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/DIM21/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/..
2019/03/15 17:02:07 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Server/Minecraft/plugins/EssentialsChat.jar: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:08 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Server/Minecraft/plugins/EssentialsSpawn.jar: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/..
2019/03/15 17:02:08 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/meeeeeeeeee/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:08 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/galacticworld/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:08 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Server/Minecraft/plugins/EssentialsProtect.jar: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/..
2019/03/15 17:02:08 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Server/Minecraft/plugins/ProtocolLib-3.4.0.jar: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:10 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/airport/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:12 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/DIM9/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:17 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/myy/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:02:17 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/meeeeeeeeee/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:17 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/galacticworld/DIM-28/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:02:19 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/airport/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:25 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/myy/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:25 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/meeeeeeeeee/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:25 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/plane/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:02:25 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/galacticworld/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:28 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/airport/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:33 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/myy/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:33 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/plane/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:33 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/galacticworld/DIM_SPACESTATION2/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/..
2019/03/15 17:02:33 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/meeeeeeeeee/MoCWyvernLair/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/.
2019/03/15 17:02:36 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/BTeam_Server/EvilSurvival/TROPICS/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/
2019/03/15 17:02:40 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/sdfgdrcfgxcf/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:08:22 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/video/DIM1/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:08:22 ERROR : Family Media/Minecraft/Duncan Files/saves/the new/MoCWyvernLair/forcedchunks.dat: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/...
2019/03/15 17:09:12 ERROR : To Evaluate/to archive/minecraft worlds/friendserver/mods/farlanders-1.7.10-v1.2b.jar: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: path/restricted_content/

Device: API sync requests to "stark freenas test" app

Shared Folder: other

Affected shared folder users: all

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble in the support ticket. In some simple cases in the past I have been able to get the issue rectified directly, but I cannot always do so.

Anyway, it looks like the support agent on your ticket was confused. I'll re-open it and redirect it to the right people.

Stark
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Awesome Greg, thanks for giving it ia kick.  I looked to see if there was a different developer support link before I sent that ticket, because I've worked in support before and I know that you can't arm everyone on the front line with the wierd corner case solutions.  

Let me know if I need to do anything to make it go, otherwise I will standby for contact from support.  

Stark
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hey Greg;  Thanks for putting this through to Support.  They got back to me quickly.

I sent them the Dropbox links for a handful of the offenders and they were able to immediately fix it.  Interesting little thing, I had to use the windows client right-click menu to get the dropbox links for them -- the website would generate links for those specific files.  I am guessing it was the same problem that hung up the API.  

Anyway, all is well and I appreciate everyone's help!

MS

Coremn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I noticed on the log file that you had a version of the Farlanders 1.7.10 Minecraft Mod. This mod is banned on it's original download link and the other links are down for this mod. Can I ask if you still have this file downloaded or are still in contact with someone who has it? I can't find it anywhere with a legitimate download of the .jar and it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me a link or share the file with me. Thanks.

Stark
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hey there!

That mod isn't on our active servers anymore, but we originally picked it up from here:

http://www.9minecraft.net/the-farlanders-mod/

and here is the direct download link, which looks like it is still working.

http://www.dl4.9minecraft.net/index.php?act=dl&id=1405989715

If that isn't what you are looking for, ping me again and I can try to dig up the jar in a backup or something?

Hope this helps!

Need more support?