cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using c# for upload text file

using c# for upload text file

MartaMarco1972
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm trying to upload a text file to my account, but something I'ts wrong

static async Task Run()
{
	using (var dbx = new DropboxClient("MYTOKEN"))
	{
		var file = "list.txt";
		var folder = "/Users/user01/Downloads/";
		var lastpath = folder + file;
		var mem = new MemoryStream(File.ReadAllBytes(@"C:\Users\user01\Downloads\list.txt"));
		var upload = await dbx.Files.UploadAsync(lastpath, Dropbox.Api.Files.WriteMode.Overwrite.Instance, false, null, false, mem);
		Console.WriteLine(upload);

Console.ReadLine();
	}
}

1 Accepted Solution
14 Replies 14

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

What error message do you get when you run your code?

MartaMarco1972
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I don't receive any message, but the file is not uploaded..

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If there isn't an exception being raise with some error, the method should be returning. You're saving the output to `upload`. Can you share the output from `Console.WriteLine(upload);` in that case?

MartaMarco1972
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
The only text displayed is
Dropbox.Api.FileMetaData

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That's the FileMetadata returned by UploadAsync indicating that the call succeeded. You can access properties of that FileMetadata to see specific information about the uploaded file, e.g., PathDisplay.

Where are you looking such that it seems the file wasn't uploaded? If your app uses the "app folder" permission, make sure you're looking inside the app folder for the app, by default at "/Apps/<app folder name>". That "/Apps" will be localized depending on the locale set for the account though, e.g., "/Applicazioni" for Italian, etc.

marcomarta1972
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Ok i Will check the path
If i want to upload on a specific dropbox folder how can I do?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You specify where in the Dropbox account you want to upload the file via the 'path' parameter that you give to UploadAsync. (That's the first parameter to UploadAsync in the code that you shared earlier.)

Note that for apps with the 'app folder' permission, the app can only upload within its app folder. The path you supply with be used relative to the app folder. If you want to be able to upload anywhere in the Dropbox account, you need to use the 'full Dropbox' permission instead. You can find more information about the different permissions here.

marcomarta1972
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Ok I understand, the update of the app folder is immediate?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Yes, when uploading via the API, the file will be available in the app folder as soon as the upload API call returns.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    marcomarta1972 Explorer | Level 3
    MartaMarco1972 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?