cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: API v2 listFolder with include_deleted: How far does that look back in history?

API v2 listFolder with include_deleted: How far does that look back in history?

aschmid
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

the documentation says about include_deleted: "If true, the results will include entries for files and folders that used to exist but were deleted."

My question is: if I call listFolder with include_deleted, does that deliver all deleted items that *ever* existed in that folder, or is the scope limited by something like the 30-day version history?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
When calling with include_deleted=true, you should receive deleted entries for items that can still be restored, but not for entries that have been permanently deleted.

The amount of time that the account stores deleted files depends on the account's plan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
When calling with include_deleted=true, you should receive deleted entries for items that can still be restored, but not for entries that have been permanently deleted.

The amount of time that the account stores deleted files depends on the account's plan.

aschmid
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you for the clarification, Greg. It is an important addition to the text in the documentation, I think.

Best,
Alfons

Need more support?