cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Token not found error on delta call after authorization

Access Token not found error on delta call after authorization

J C.15
New member | Level 1

I have a rails app that hooks into dropbox. I'm currently attempting to make a delta call, but I continuously have a Access token not found.: {"error": "Access token not found."} which is an OAuth2::Error from the oauth2 gem.

The image below shows my request and response:

a) is the request formatted correctly? The app was working before, but I hadn't touched it in 3 months, and then it stopped. Things like the urls for the api endpoints changed, so I've been bringing it up to speed. It seems as if the authorize callback and /oauth/token calls go through smoothly. It just stops here.

b) if it is correct, any thoughts? I've revoked user access to the app many times, and I don't have an old access_token stored anywhere and I do get a new one when i re-register the app. I haven't tried the disable access token endpoint yet, but I will after letting this post linger

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You're using Dropbox API v1, a.k.a. the Core API. API v1 supports both OAuth 1 and OAuth 2. You seem to be mixing OAuth 1 and OAuth 2, but you're only supposed to use one or the other for any particular API call.

I.e., the "access_token" parameter and the "Authorization" header are ways to supply an OAuth 2 access token. The other "oauth_*" parameters are used for OAuth 1.

You should only use one of these methods at a time. We recommend using the Authorization header to pass an OAuth 2 access token. If you use that, you can get rid of the URL parameters.

J C.15
New member | Level 1

I see my mistake. I tested it with a REST firefox plugin and both worked very well. The mistake is on my end.

In fact, if I give both the Authorization header and parameters, but with more than the needed parameters (my gem keeps inserting a "oauth_token" on top of the "access_token" for v1) then the error is

{"error": "Access token not found."

But if I include just what's necessary, but both of them still, I get this

{"error": "Cannot specify both an \"Authorization\" header and the URL/POST parameter \"access_token\"."}

So the errors are very helpful. I was just stuck on the first, never seeing the second. Hope this helps someone else too. Thanks Gregory!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

J C.15 New member | Level 1
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?