cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Type - Full Dropbox

Access Type - Full Dropbox

micbeasley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I connected to a new app that requested which file I wished to allow access in Dropbox. I made my selection and then checked my security settings in Dropbox to verify which file was granted and it says I have granted full access of my Dropbox account to this app. How can I confirm which is correct? I only want the app to have limited file access.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The level of access an application has is decided by the developer when they first create and develop the app. That level of access is described when you first choose whether or not to connect the app to your app, as well as after the fact, on your account security page.

You can see the level of access for each app connected to your account on the account security page here:

https://www.dropbox.com/account/security

If you no longer want any of those apps to have the listed level of access, you can revoke it on that page using the 'x'. It's not possible to just change the level of access for any particular app though.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The level of access an application has is decided by the developer when they first create and develop the app. That level of access is described when you first choose whether or not to connect the app to your app, as well as after the fact, on your account security page.

You can see the level of access for each app connected to your account on the account security page here:

https://www.dropbox.com/account/security

If you no longer want any of those apps to have the listed level of access, you can revoke it on that page using the 'x'. It's not possible to just change the level of access for any particular app though.

drpusr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That is not is stated on Dropbox online help on the matter 

www.dropbox.com/help/security/third-party-apps

Specifically this bit that states:

"When linking an app to Dropbox, you can set the specific level of access:"

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for pointing that out! We'll get that fixed up.

drpusr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Well I just spent AU$139 (literally 30 minutes ago) to upgrade to Dropbox Plus based on the information provided on that help page. Then I tried to connect an app only to have it ask for full access to my Dropbox and I could not see any where in the settings for me to fix that. A quick google search bought me to this thread.

The reality that I have zero choice in setting granular permissions for connected apps on Dropbox  has completely invalidated my use case for Dropbox. How do I get a refund?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
That's not my department unfortunately, so please contact support for help:

https://www.dropbox.com/support
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    drpusr New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?