cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After using API V2, the App receives the retired message for API V1 yet

After using API V2, the App receives the retired message for API V1 yet

Margin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Login UI

messageUI

I try to preview this message, but I can't see these pictures, I share these pictures by the DB sharing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n75pvcwd0yxn0rq/IMG_0706.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z3x89gwi0pcoo2/IMG_0707.JPG?dl=0

According to the guide, I use the API V2 in our APP. As you see, the attachement are the snapshots for API V2, but it shows the retired message for API V1 yet.

API V2  codes are from https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c

The App had removed the old SDK now.

I do another test, I create a new APP (status : development), it works normally, it doesn't show the retired message.

Need I do addtional work for the API V2?

Thanks.

By the way, I wll return company in 5 days.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Acknowledging the API v1 deprecation will not affect your app's operation. It can continue using API v1 until API v1 is retired. API v1 is being retired in June though, so we recommend migrating to API v2 as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

For existing apps that previously used API v1, the developer of the app needs to acknowledge the deprecation of API v1. If they haven't this message will be displayed.

The developer of the app should do so by signing in to the account that owns the app and going to the App Console. There will be a banner there with a button for them to click.

Margin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for your response.

I want to confirm : if I acknowledge the deprecation of API V1 and click the button inthe banner, can our released old version APP which uses the API V1 work well? 

If we accept deprecation of the API V1 and the old App can't work, I need to create a new same APP for API V2, am I right? 

Because I am only a developer, the team leader has a account who owns the app, I need to tell him the risk.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Acknowledging the API v1 deprecation will not affect your app's operation. It can continue using API v1 until API v1 is retired. API v1 is being retired in June though, so we recommend migrating to API v2 as soon as possible.

Margin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thanks a lot.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Margin Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?