cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get list of files & folders under sharing section of dropbox using python?

Can we get list of files & folders under sharing section of dropbox using python?

snigdhakadam
Explorer | Level 3

I am using Dropbox API version 2. I am getting all files under "My Files" section using dbx.files_list_folder("") method. But I want files & folders inside "Sharing" section also. So can we get files & folder inside "Sharing" folder of dropbox using python API v2.

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47726878/can-we-get-list-of-files-folders-from-dropboxs-sharing-... ]

Yes, the sharing_* methods offer access to sharing information. For example, to list the shared folders the user has access to, you can use sharing_list_folders and sharing_list_folders_continue. You can use sharing_list_received_files and sharing_list_received_files_continue to get the files shared with the user.

snigdhakadam
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you so much for reply. I will use it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

snigdhakadam Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?