cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Cannot build with the latest Dropbox v2 API 4.2.3 version

Cannot build with the latest Dropbox v2 API 4.2.3 version

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello, I am absolutely happy with the new Dropbox v2 API. Amazing work, thank you. I cannot however update from 4.2.0 to 4.2.3 version. It is probably a minor problem with the versioning of your library. When I look at the details I can see Version 0.1.6274.34602 but the following error message mentions missing assembly of version 0.1.6274.34603.

Could not load file or assembly 'Dropbox.Api, Version=0.1.6274.34603, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=310f0e82fbb45d01' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Could you please confirm / fix?

Best regards

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Please try the latest release, v4.2.4, and let us know if you're still seeing any issues. Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the report Jan. It looks like the assembly reference in your project settings is inconsistent with the actual binary. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the package and let us know if that doesn't help.

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for following up. I tried your tip but it led to the same results. I am afraid the problem really is in your package, not in my solution. Please try to look at this screenshot. I analyzed content of your two packages: 1) of Dropbox.Api.4.2.3 and 2) of Dropbox.Api.4.2.0.

In both cases I compared details of Dropbox.Api.dll in these 3 subfolders: net45, portable-net40+sl5+wp80+win8+wpa81, portable-net45+wp80+win8+wpa81+dnxcore50.

In the first case the version numbers of all 3 are inconsistant. They vary between  0.1.6274.34602 and  0.1.6274.34603 - as my original post described. In the second case (your older NuGet version) it is absolutely consistant - it is always  0.1.6263.32141.

Probably the reason why nobody else (?) haven't discovered that problem is because in my solution Mvvm framework is used and that one probably uses some level of refection under the hood. I can clearly see when the problem happens and I am pretty sure the root cause is the above mentioned inconsistency.

Or is such an inconsistancy expected? If yes, why has it been introduced recently?

Best regards

Jan

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for following up with the additional information. We'll look into it.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We're investigating ways to avoid this in the next release. Please skip this release for now.

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Cool. Thank you. Sure, I am skipping this release and will hope the next one will work for my solution.

Best regards, Jan

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Please try the latest release, v4.2.4, and let us know if you're still seeing any issues. Thanks!

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

4.2.4 worked like a charm! Thank you very much šŸ™‚

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jan_Zeman Helpful | Level 6
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?