cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carthage compilation of ObjectiveDropboxOfficial fails, 'DBFilesCreateFolderResult.h' file not found

Carthage compilation of ObjectiveDropboxOfficial fails, 'DBFilesCreateFolderResult.h' file not found

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm migrating the dropbox dependency for an objective C iOS project to v2 by compiling the newest Objective C Dropbox SDK using Carthage. My intention is to add it as a subproject, since it's an older project.

But like the title says, running the following:

carthage update --platform iOS

is failing. Same thing happens if I try to compile the dependency itself on Xcode. According to Xcode and the xcodebuild log, it seems like it can't locate the following header files: DBFILESCreateFolderResult.h and DBSHARINGAudienceExceptionContentInfo.h

The xcodebuild log file has this at the end: 

The following build commands failed:
        CompileC /Users/ckanis/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/3.2.0/Build/Intermediates/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.build/Release-iphoneos/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial\ iOS.build/Objects-normal/armv7/DBFILESRouteObjects.o Shared/Generated/Routes/RouteObjects/DBFILESRouteObjects.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler

Can someone help me understand what's going on? Thanks in advance for the help.

Here's the entire xcodebuild log file:

https://gist.github.com/carolinaerickson/d7e2206ed1a8622e0a90b2251e1a370e

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

moerschl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi,
I had this problem too when using it as a Subproject in my App.
It seams that the .project file is corrupted. There are a lot of header files (.h) files missing.Adding them manually has fixed the problem for me:
1. You can add them by selecting (one by one) all Groups under "Shared/Generated/ApiObjects" and press "ctrl+alt+A". This will show you the missing files.
2. After adding them go to the "Subproject/Build-Phase/Headers/" and move all new added .h files to the "Public" section.
3. Now other errors will occur. There are some removed files. You can see them in the project navigator (left side). Remove them
4. Now, other errors will occur (FAIL!). Go to your app add the framework AND link the binary. Otherwise the app will crash on startup.
5. → Build and Run and Enjoy 🙂

Hope this will help you. It took me the hole afternoon.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

moerschl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi,
I had this problem too when using it as a Subproject in my App.
It seams that the .project file is corrupted. There are a lot of header files (.h) files missing.Adding them manually has fixed the problem for me:
1. You can add them by selecting (one by one) all Groups under "Shared/Generated/ApiObjects" and press "ctrl+alt+A". This will show you the missing files.
2. After adding them go to the "Subproject/Build-Phase/Headers/" and move all new added .h files to the "Public" section.
3. Now other errors will occur. There are some removed files. You can see them in the project navigator (left side). Remove them
4. Now, other errors will occur (FAIL!). Go to your app add the framework AND link the binary. Otherwise the app will crash on startup.
5. → Build and Run and Enjoy 🙂

Hope this will help you. It took me the hole afternoon.

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Still adding the files, but at least it gives me direction on what to do next. Thank you! 🙂

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the report! We'll look into why this build is failing in the first place.

CarolinaK
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

So I figured out why exactly this solution doesn't work for me. I am compiling it before my intention of adding it as a subproject. My goal is to add the .xcodeproj file  resulting from compiling dropbox's dependency. 

I'm not getting any more header file not found errors, but I am getting 

ld: 2203 duplicate symbols for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

And before that a lot of `duplicate symbol` errors on .o files like this 

/Users/ckanis/Desktop/dropbox-sdk-obj-c-master 2/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/build/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.build/Release-iphoneos/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial iOS.build/Objects-normal/arm64/DBTeamLogObjects-1BEB3F267DD85A59.o

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for following up. We'll look into it.

Peter J.6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Any update on this? I get the same problem when trying to update from May's build to the current one.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I don't have an update on this yet. I'll follow up here once I do.

Peter J.6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks Greg

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
This should be fixed in the latest version, currently v3.3.2.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Peter J.6 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?