cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Categories of API partners to apply API limit

Categories of API partners to apply API limit

tomthumbsblues
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

There's 2 types of dropbbox partners which have different API limit:

• Platform partners (excluding data transport): Unlimited API calls to SIEM, DLP, IDM, DRM, and dozens of platform partner categories
  • Data transport: 25,000 API calls per month

If you need to transport large amounts of data to Dropbox on an ongoing basis, contact your Dropbox account representative to discuss options to extend your API access.

The definition confuses me, as every app connects to dropbox always transport data to and from dropbox in a sense.

I am considering using CloudHQ to copy data from my dropbox (can be upgraded to business plan at a point) to google drive, but not sync from google drive back to dropbox. I also want to use an app that I write to upload files to dropbox without using dropbox desktop app.

Could some dropbox staffer please let me know which of these apps will be imposed the 25k API limit? 

Thank you for your support.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@tomthumbsblues This isn't available to the app developer (and apps can be linked to any number of different Business teams anyway), but Business team admins can see their current usage at:

https://www.dropbox.com/team/admin/billing/manage

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We don't have a list of these apps available to see which are affected, but if/when you connect the app to your account, the app authorization page will show you a warning if the app would consume that upload API call limit.

tomthumbsblues
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Greg. Is it possible to check how many API calls an app has made if that app is now created by myself, or how many calls I have left?

sisi1983
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

köszi

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@tomthumbsblues This isn't available to the app developer (and apps can be linked to any number of different Business teams anyway), but Business team admins can see their current usage at:

https://www.dropbox.com/team/admin/billing/manage

tomthumbsblues
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Greg for you support.

Need more support?