cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy function having the from and to path issue

Copy function having the from and to path issue

vaishali1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am using dropbox php SDK and using copy function i am trying to copy one folder to another folder but in response i am getting following error: For copy function i am giving from path like "/test" and to path like "/abc"

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Kunnu\Dropbox\Exceptions\DropboxClientException' with message '{"error_summary": "to/conflict/folder/..", "error": {".tag": "to", "to": {".tag": "conflict", "conflict": {".tag": "folder"}}}}' in /websites/se/securerda.com.au/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/out-of-the-box/includes/dropbox-sdk/src/Dropbox/Http/Clients/DropboxGuzzleHttpClient.php:67

Stack trace:
 #0 /websites/se/securerda.com.au/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/out-of-the-box/includes/dropbox-sdk/src/Dropbox/DropboxClient.php(155): Kunnu\Dropbox\Http\Clients\DropboxGuzzleHttpClient->send('https://api.dro...', 'POST', '{"from_path":"\\...', Array)
 #1 /websites/se/securerda.com.au/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/out-of-the-box/includes/dropbox-sdk/src/Dropbox/Dropbox.php(247): Kunnu\Dropbox\DropboxClient->sendRequest(Object(Kunnu\Dropbox\DropboxRequest))
 #2 /websites/se/securerda.com.au/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/out-of-the-box/includes/dropbox-sdk/src/Dropbox/Dropbox.php(261): Kunnu\Dropbox\Dropbox->sendRequest('POST', '/files/copy', ' in /websites/se/securerda.com.au/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/out-of-the-box/includes/dropbox-sdk/src/Dropbox/Http/Clients/DropboxGuzzleHttpClient.php on line 67

Please help me in this issue

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Per the /2/files/copy_v2 documentation, a `to/conflict/folder` error indicates that the operation failed because there's a folder in the way.

In your example, that means that there's already a folder at "/abc". 

Note that you need to specify the full desired destination path, including name, in `to_path`. That is, in this case, if you wanted to move the "test" folder inside the already-existing "abc" folder, your `to_path` should be "/abc/test".

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Per the /2/files/copy_v2 documentation, a `to/conflict/folder` error indicates that the operation failed because there's a folder in the way.

In your example, that means that there's already a folder at "/abc". 

Note that you need to specify the full desired destination path, including name, in `to_path`. That is, in this case, if you wanted to move the "test" folder inside the already-existing "abc" folder, your `to_path` should be "/abc/test".

vaishali1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks  Greg for your help. My issue get sloved.

:slight_smile:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

vaishali1 Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?