cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create File request via API

Create File request via API

joao victor l.
New member | Level 1

Hello, is possible to create file request via dropbox API? 

I want to create a plataform where each of my clients recive a File request link automatically and then upload their files.

Someone can give me a lead?

Tks.

5 Replies 5

Stephen C.14
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no way to use the Dropbox API to create file requests and add members. You can only do so manually, via our web UI.

markfb
Explorer | Level 4

This would be an incrediby useful feature for me....

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The Dropbox API now offers the ability to get, list, create, and update file requests:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/http/documentation#file_requests

If you're using an official SDK, there will also be corresponding methods for these endpoints.

Wei O.
New member | Level 2

A related question, in the API document it written that:

rate_limit Void The user has reached the rate limit for creating file requests. The limit is currently 100 file requests per day.

Does that make any difference if I use a dropbox business account? What's the rate_limit? Thank you.

We want to use the file request api in an dropbox app where we may create more file requests per day for lots of small files. Now we have to use Amazon S3 server to do that, would be great if we could just use dropbox file request api.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Wei O. That rate limit is the same for all account types.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Wei O. New member | Level 2
    markfb Explorer | Level 4
    Stephen C.14 Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?