cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Create Sharelink issues for files not uploaded yet

Create Sharelink issues for files not uploaded yet

jgroen
New member | Level 2

I set this parameter before generating a sharelink: dropbox.sharing.PendingUploadMode.folder

This works fine as long if I don`t go deeper that one (not yet indexed folder) folder.
So if create folder/folder2 and they are not indexed yet the API will throw an error on generating a sharelink for folder2.

I understand this behaviour. Dropbox can not know (yet) which parent folders exist and therefore throws a lookup error. Is there any way to work around this? We sometimes add a lot of files which causes delays in indexing (and therefore the generate sharelink issues)

Example of error: 

updateApiError('5c3ff85396c07b0dc59c6b5e53703877', CreateSharedLinkError(u'path', LookupError(u'not_found', None)))

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

There isn't an option to change that behavior, so the only workaround that comes to mind is to explicitly create the parent folder(s) first. We'll consider it a feature request for a better way to do this though.

jgroen
New member | Level 2

Gotcha. Can you tell me how the official Dropbox client handles this particular situation? Would it also fail, or does it use the workaround? Many thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The official Dropbox client works in a very different way entirely, so it isn't a useful comparison unfortunately.
Need more support?