cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBError, forward declaration

DBError, forward declaration

BogdanG
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, I'm trying to compile DBRoulette example in iOS SDK v2.0.6 and I get a forward declaration error:

.../DBRoulette/PhotoViewController.m:53:65: Receiver type 'DBError' for instance message is a forward declaration

I've searched throught the SDK but I couldn't find the interface for this class, am I missing anything?

(I'm using Carthage to download the SDK from github, if it matters)

6 Replies 6

EvilOneX
Explorer | Level 3
i need to get in so i can have games on my i pod

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the report! We're looking into it.

BogdanG
Explorer | Level 4

However, I successfully integrated the objc sdk v2 into my project and it runs just fine.

Robert S.138
Helpful | Level 7
I also got that error, but it turned out that all my uses of DBError in SDK 1.0.11 were actually DBRequestError in SDK 2.0.6. When I changed all my declarations from DBError to DBRequestError, everything compiled fine. Is that the right thing to do?

I was using DBError to do things like isInternalServerError, isBadInputError, isAuthError, etc. Are there any situations where this substitution is not appropriate?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks Robert. That's the right change. DBError was renamed to DBRequestError in 2.0.0:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/releases/tag/2.0.0

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
For reference, the sample app has been updated to work with the latest version of the SDK.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Robert S.138 Helpful | Level 7
    BogdanG Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?