cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API V2 2/files/list_folder/ on empty folder

Dropbox API V2 2/files/list_folder/ on empty folder

filiviu
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi there!

We are receiving a 409 error "{"error_summary": "path/not_found/", "error": {".tag": "path", "path": {".tag": "not_found"}}}" when trying to list_folder inside a folder without subfolders.

This behavior is new, as we were able to list_folder inside an empty folder before. Is there anything changed and not yet in the documentation?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You should certiainly still be able to list empty folders. I just tried it and it's working correctly for me. 

Can you double check that you have the right path and are linked to the account you expect? Are you sure the folder existed at the time of the API call?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You should certiainly still be able to list empty folders. I just tried it and it's working correctly for me. 

Can you double check that you have the right path and are linked to the account you expect? Are you sure the folder existed at the time of the API call?

filiviu
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Greg, thanks for your answer. I've double checked it and the problem is still there. I'm sure the folder is there because I've manually created it and the path it's correct because it comes from a previous list folder call (its parent list_folder). Can you please suggest what else should I try? Thanks!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

In that case, please open an API ticket with the following so we can investigate specifically:

- the affected user ID(s)

- the code that reproduces the issue
- a sample request/response (just be sure to redact the access token)

Thanks in advance! 

filiviu
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

I was preparing a sample curl request to reproduce the issue and the response was correct this time ( {"entries": [] ........... } ), then I went to our code and was working again, so I don't know when it start working again, but now it seems to be OK. I will let you know if I will encounter again the issue.

Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

filiviu Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?