Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API V2 GetAccountInfo() - C#

10 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Dropbox API V2 GetAccountInfo() - C#

I'm migrating from Dropbox v1 to v2, how can i proceed with GetAccountInfo() to get details such as:
UserName, UserId, QuotaUsed, QuotaAvailable, SharedUse.

How do i get this with v2.

Previously by using v1 it was like:

var accessToken = new OAuthProtocol.OAuthToken(auth_Token, auth_Token_Secret);
var api = new DropboxApi(dropbox_appkey, dropbox_appsecret, accessToken);
var accountInfo = api.GetAccountInfo();

Thank you.

10 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Dropbox API V2 GetAccountInfo() - C#

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your prompt response. Can you please provide a code block/example of any of the above method call so that i can proceed with my other various API calls and complete my migration from v1 to v2.

Only one code block or example will be really helpful.

Thank you.
Dropboxer

There's an example of using GetCurrentAccountAsync here:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-dotnet/blob/9803a40b3169acf66a2d14e29af8750ebe6e3e17/dropbox-...

Calling GetSpaceUsageAsync works similarly, but with a different return type that contains the space information instead.

Thank you for the example.

I have installed Dropbox API v2 library in a project which target framework is 4.0 and calling GetCurrentAccountAsync() as you have suggested then i'm getting exception like "Could not load file or assembly 'Dropbox.Api, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=310f0e82fbb45d01' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"

Do i need to change target framework to 4.5 or is there any way to fix this exception. If i will have to change framework then it will be major change for my project.

Dropboxer

The Dropbox API v2 .NET SDK officially supports .NET Framework 4+, so you shouldn't need to upgrade to 4.5.

How exactly did you install it? Also, can you confirm that you installed the latest version (currently v4.3.1)?

Level 3

Hi Greg,

I have one of my winform project (framework 4.0) then added one more project name "dropboxV2" (framework 4.0) to the same solution and set this project output type as "Class Library". I went to package manager console then run "Install-Package Dropbox.Api", after completion i got "Successfully installed 'Dropbox.Api 4.3.1' to dropboxV2".

I have a class like in newly added project:

public async void GetCurrentAccount(string accessToken)
{
     using (var client = new DropboxClient(accessToken))
      {
           var fullAccount = await client . 
            Users.GetCurrentAccountAsync();               
      }
}

Now i'm accessing above method from my main project as:

dropboxV2.DropboxHelper helper = new dropboxV2.DropboxHelper();
helper.GetCurrentAccount(access_token); // here i'm getting exception

What i'm doing wrong here? Please help.

Thank you.

Dropboxer

Thanks! Can you try installing the SDK in both projects?

Also, I believe you'll need to at least install System.Net.Http.
Level 3

No, i have managed to install Dropbox.Api v2 into my main project itself and System.Net.Http is installed too.

Thanks for your support.
Dropboxer

Apologies, I'm not sure I follow. Did you try installing the library into both of the projects you mentioned? Is it working now?